Welcome back to my blog, I hope you like it here! On Monday, I posted a YouTube Video of my Summer Makeup Routine for 2023. I have been in a weird makeup funk, honestly since Covid. The makeup trends definitely shifted to a more natural look, which I really like but my mind was still in the 2016 way of doing my makeup. So the adjustment took some time. Plus, when I would go on Instagram or Tik Tok, I would see these naturally gorgeous girls using a dot of makeup and looking like super models, so I was confused how to do my makeup in a way that I would actually like.
After a few years of trial-and-error, I found a makeup routine that I really like. I look like myself, I feel confident, I can wear it in the daytime and nighttime. It’s taken a few products to really change the game for me, and I’m excited to share these products with you!
If you missed the video, check it out below.
The Products I Use:
- Amazon Eye Patches; I love these! There are 30 in a pack for $15, which I think is a great price! I find these really help de-puff my eyes in the morning, moisturize before makeup, and overall just feel good.
- Peter Thomas Roth Moisturizer; feels weightless and amazing on the skin.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Intense; my GO-TO moisturizer! Also feels weightless and amazing on the skin.
- Glow Screen in Golden Hour; I often use this and walk out the door. It protects my skin and gives me glow + color! I now use this in place of the Drunk Elephant Anti-Pollution Drops.
- Glow Screen (no color); if I want the glow and protection, without the color.
- Saie Slip Tint (I use color 3 1/2); this product CHANGED THE GAME for me!!! It is incredible. It blends like a dream, lasts all day, is incredibly lightweight, so glowy, and just stunning. It’s “your skin but better” in a bottle. Could not recommend this product enough!
- Real Techniques Sponge
- Rare Beauty Bronzing Stick; super creamy and blends better than any cream contour/bronzer stick I’ve tried!
- Brush for Cream Bronzer
- MAC Studio Fix Concealer; incredible formula! Very light weight, feels like water, but with incredibly full coverage. A little goes a long way. This stuff LASTS! It truly is a 24 hour hold, through anything. Water, Sweat, Tears (lol), you name it, it stays put.
- Concealer Brush
- TooFaced Translucent Setting Powder; love this one if I’m in the mood for loose powder. Adds no color.
- Kosas Cloud Set Setting Powder; this is great if I’m lazy and need to set. Adds a bit of color so I make sure that it’s the same shade as my concealer.
- Under eye Powder Brush
- Saie Cream Blush in Peachy; another product that CHANGED THE GAME for me! This one is the best cream blush I’ve ever used. Unlike other cream blushes that are hard to blend out, dry down to a powder texture, or if I use a teeeeny tiny dot I suddenly look like a clown, this Saie blush is NORMAL! It blends down to a beautiful, dewy, non-sticky cream blush that stays put. You can use a normal amount and it’s not too much! I love this stuff so much.
- Stippling Brush for Cream Blush
- Kosas Glow IV in Radiate; a great liquid highlighter. You can use these products mixed in with foundations to give a glow, on their own as highlighters (like me), or even as glowy bronzers! Very versatile product.
- Charlotte Tilbury Powder Bronzer in Medium; use this all year round! It’s great for any shade of tan I am (which isn’t much different than the winter let’s be honest).
- Morphe M530 Bronzer Brush
- Morphe M532 Eye Brush
- MAC Powder Blush in Peaches; life got easier when I stopped lying to myself that I liked babydoll pink blushes. I love a gold and peach combo on my cheeks, so this blush from mac matches my Saie blush and sets it perfectly.
- Morphe M581 Blush Brush
- Laura Geller Gilded Honey Highlighter; ugh I love this highlighter. Facing me, it’s invisible. Once the light hits it, BAM! That’s how a good highlighter works (in my opinion :))
- Anastasia Highlight Brush
- Morphe Brow Pencil
- Milk Makeup Kush Brow Gel
- MAC Nylon Eyeshadow; I’ve been using this since high school, I can’t do my makeup without it!
- MAC 242 Brush
- Eyelash Curler
- *I use a lash serum to lengthen my natural lashes: Babe Lash
- Lancome Lash Idole Mascara; a new mascara for me and I love it! It lengthens and voluminizes my lashes.
- Vaseline Rosy Lips; day-to-day
- Buxom Lip Gloss in White Russian; if I’m feeling fancy
- TooFaced Lip Injection; again, if I’m feeling fancy. And pouty.
And that’s what’s in my Makeup Bag!
Once I found a routine I loved with products that worked for me, makeup became fun again! If you’re in a makeup slump or maybe just looking to switch up your routine/products, give this tutorial a try and let me know how it goes!